3/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream, scalded
6 oz (1 cup) white chocolate chips
1 large egg, room temperature
2 tsp instant espresso coffee powder, dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp orange extract
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream
optional garnish: whipped cream, cinnamon and chocolate coffee beans
How to prepare
1. In a blender or food processor, add half the scalded cream, white chocolate, egg, espresso, cinnamon, orange extract, and vanilla extract.
2. With machine running, slowly pour in remaining scalded cream. Blend at high speed for 2 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and smooth.
3. Chill for about 15 minutes.
4. Beat the 1/3 cup heavy cream into stiff peaks. Fold into cooled white chocolate mixture and spoon into glass coffee mugs or dessert glasses. Chill for several hours.
5. Before serving, garnish tops with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and chocolate coffee beans, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Prepared 1/19/95 by edwina gadsby, one of five finalists in our great american dessert contest. From: mike n maty