2 cups yellow corn meal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs, beaten
6 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1 1/2 cups milk
How to prepare
1. Sift together all dry ingredients.
2. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, 2 tbsp oil and milk.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until just moist – don’t overmix.
4. Put remaining 4 tbsp oil in a large cast iron skillet and heat. When hot, pour in cornbread batter.
5. Bake at 400 degrees f for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Prepared 9/26/94 by susan loomis, author of clambakes & fish frys. From: mike n maty