1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups warm milk
3/4 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp or more hot pepper sauce
1 lb elbow macaroni, slightly undercooked, well-drained
white pepper to taste
How to prepare
1. In medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
2. Add flour and whisk 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Increase the heat to medium, and gradually drizzle in milk, whisking the whole time.
4. Let simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Add shredded cheese and stir until cheese melts. Season cheese sauce to taste.
6. Toss hot cheese sauce with hot macaroni and serve immediately.
7. Or pour the macaroni and cheese into a greased two-quart casserole and bake in preheated 350 degree f oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
Prepared 9/22/94 by judy strada. From: mike n maty