1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup canola oil
2 medium eggs
3 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter (100 per cent peanuts with no added salt or sugar)
2 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 cup rolled oats
non-stick or air-pocket cookie sheet
How to prepare
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
2. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
3. Beat the liquid ingredients and peanut butter together in a separate bowl. (note: before adding the peanut butter, pour off and discard any extra oil that may have settled out.)
4. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and blend with electric beater until well-mixed.
5. Form the dough into a ball, and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
6. On floured board, roll out dough to 1/4″ thick. Cut dough with pig-shaped (or other) cookie cutter.
7. Bake cookies for 20 minutes at 400 degrees f (until firm), then turn off the oven and leave the biscuits inside the oven to cool (this makes the biscuits crispy).
Prepared 11/23/94 by susan wallack, creator of daisy’s delights gourmet doggie treats. From: mike n maty