2-3 lb large or jumbo shrimp, shell-on
4 green onion tops
whole stalk of celery, cut off stem and tops
1/2 can of beer (allow beer to sit open for about 15 min. Before using)
How to prepare
1. Heat until very hot a”big old iron pot” (or a heavy, non-stick dutch oven) that has a lid.
2. Toss in onion tops and celery.
3. When the vegetables begin to wilt and hiss, pour in about 3 ounces of beer.
4. When the beer begins to bubble, throw in the shrimp and tightly cover the pot. Note: use a layer of aluminum foil under the lid for a tight seal.
5. Cook for about 4 minutes.
6. Remove lid, stir shrimp, and pour in remaining beer.
7. Tightly cover pot and allow shrimp to cook for about 2 minutes more. Shrimp should be pink. If not, stir and cook a few minutes longer.
Serve with lemon wedges, lemon butter, and corn on the cob.
Best picture recipe prepared 3/22/95 by teresa lux, from the bubba gump shrimp co. Cookbook from: mike n maty