1 1/2 lbs fresh fish filet (perch or catfish nuggets)
3-4 tbsp cooking oil
2 or 3 1/4″ slices fresh ginger
3 tbsp soy sauce
4 stalks green onion cut into 1″ pieces (discard white portion)
1 tbsp granulated sugar
How to prepare
1. Heat the cooking oil over med heat in a non-stick frying pan.
2. Fry the ginger and green onion until the green onions start to brown.
3. Add the fish and pan fry until the fish is cooked. Cooking time will depend on thickness of fish filets. Turn filets once during cooking.
4. Add the soy sauce and sugar to pan and cook until the sauce bubbles. Filets should be coated with sauce and sauce should start to form a”crunchy” coating from caramelizing sugar.
5. Remove from heat and serve immediately.