1/2 cup burghul wheat (fine)
1 1/2 cups torn pocket bread
2 cups canned chick peas drained (garbanzo beans)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp cilantro, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
oil for frying(peanut oil works well)
How to prepare
1) in a deep plate, add wheat and spread out evenly, then add enough water to cover. Let soak until soft, then drain. Set aside.
2) soak torn bread in water, until moistened, then squeeze as much water as possible out of bread. Set aside.
3) in a food processor combine remaining ingredients, process until smooth. Then add wheat & bread and process until well incorporated.
4) let mixture rest for a half hour, then form 1″ balls
5) in a electric skillet set at 400