1/8 cup olive or vegetable oil
1/4 cup 100 per cent coconut milk*
2 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
2 chicken breasts (7-8 ounces each) skinned, boned and cut into 2×1 1/4×1/4″ pieces
* set aside 3 tbsp of coconut milk for basting
How to prepare
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until blended.
2. Add chicken pieces and toss gently until well-coated.
3. Thread 8 chicken pieces lengthwise on each of eight 9″ bamboo skewers, covering skewers. Place in refrigerator container, cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
4. Prepare charcoal grill.
5. Remove skewers with chicken pieces from container, reserving marinade that has drained off. Stir 3 tbsp coconut milk into marinade and use mixture as basting sauce.
6. Grill sates, basting frequently, for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
Serve with peanut dipping sauce which can be purchased in oriental supermarkets or the gourmet section of your local supermarket.
Prepared 12/8/94 by tommy tang, restaurateur and cookbook author. From: mike n maty