1 medium-size red pepper
1 medium-size yellow pepper
1 medium-size zucchini (about 12 ounces)
3/4 16-ounce package angel’s hair pasta or thin spaghetti
olive or salad oil
1 10-ounce package frozen peas
3/4 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp
1 7-ounce container refrigerated pesto with basil
How to prepare
1. Slice red and yellow peppers into julienne strips. Cut zucchini crosswise in half; cut each half lengthwise into thin slices. Cut each slice into julienne strips.
2. In saucepot, prepare angel’s hair pasta as label directs, but do not use salt in water.
3. Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot olive or salad oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt, cook red and yellow peppers until lightly browned; add zucchini and frozen peas and cook until peas are heated and zucchini is tender-crisp. Remove vegetables to large bowl.
4. In same skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot olive or salad oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt, cook shrimp, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn opaque throughout and are lightly browned. Add shrimp to vegetables in bowl.
5. Drain pasta and add to bowl with vegetable mixture. Add pesto and toss to mix well.