24 oz rib-eye steak, sliced 1/4″ thick
1/2 cup sliced provolone or american cheese, or 1/4 cup melted processed cheese (frank used chez whiz)
1/4 cup soybean oil
1/2 cup sweet peppers, sliced
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
4 toasted italian rolls
How to prepare
1. In a non-stick skillet, saut the onions in some of the soybean oil. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet, saut the sweet peppers. Set aside.
3. Same skillet, saut the mushrooms. Set aside.
4. In the same skillet, saut the steak. Cook until medium rare.
5. On a split, toasted italian roll, layer steak, onions, mushrooms, and peppers. Top with cheese slices or pour melted process cheese over all.
Tip: ask your butcher to slice partially frozen rib-eye steak 1/4″ thick for neat, even slices.
Prepared 1/17/95 by frank oliveri of pat’s steak in philadelphia. From: mike n maty